Review: Innisfree Mineral Single Shadow

3:33:00 AM

Hello! Today I will be reviewing 6 of Innisfree's Mineral Single Shadow. I bought one of their empty palettes and depotted the shadows into them. You can see the original packaging below.
The packaging of these is very sturdy and the type of shadow is written on the back. However I do think these take up more space than necessary, so I would recommend getting an empty case. The Innisfree cases also come in 3 and 12 spaces.
There are 3 types for the shadows: matte, shimmer and glitter. I got 1 glitter, 3 shimmers and 2 mattes.
The names for the shadows from left to right, top to bottom:
Glitter #5
Shimmer #4
Matte #7
Shimmer #9
Shimmer #3
Matte #3
On to the eye swatches~
This is glitter #5. It is a true gold glitter that is highly reflective. There is a bit of fall out when applied, but that is not surprising because it is a glitter shadow. It felt rather smooth and only needed one swipe for the colour to show up on the lid. However I would not call it 'creamy' to touch. While it applies nicely on its on, I found that it is prettier on top of the other shade. Here I have applied it over matte #3.
This is shimmer #4. This is a shadow with very fine light gold shimmer. It felt a bit hard and the feel of it was not overly smooth. However it was still easy to apply and get a good colour payoff. I think it is a great for all over or on the centre of the lid. If you have a darker skin tone, it will look good as the inner corner highlight as well!
Matte #7 is a coffee brown in the pan but leans a bit more red when applied. It has nice pigmentation, but just a tiny bit patchy. Matte shadows are often chalky, however I found this one to be quite smooth. It is good for darkening the outer corner and for blending out smokey eyes. You can also use it lightly all over the lid for everyday wear.
Shimmer #9 is a very buttery and highly pigmented red brown with fine dark orange and gold shimmer. It is super easy to blend, but it is very pigmented so you need a light hand and beginners should be careful with this shadow. I really like this shade and think it looks great with brown eyeliner.
Shimmer #3 is my favourite shade. It is a light pink with a lot of small light gold shimmers. It looks gold but has a hint of pink, which I loooove *-* Like shimmer #4, it did not feel very smooth but applied beautifully. I think this will look great on pale, pink toned skin.
Matte #3 is a nice yellow shade with a hint of pink. It felt smooth, but was a bit more chalky than the other matte shade. It is a bit sheer so if you want good colour payoff, you need a few layers. I think it is good for everyday wear, a base for other colours and it is a nice crease shade. 


Pros
  • Huge shade selection 
  • Long lasting
  • Cheap
  • Nice pigmentation for most shades
  • Has the potential to be travel friendly 
Cons
  • Fallout from glitter shades
  • Matte shades can be sheer
I give the Innisfree Mineral Single Shadow 8.5/10. The quality is great for the price and I definitely do recommend these shadows. I think the quality is more consistent than the Etude House shadows, so I do prefer these over their Look At My Eyes shadows. If you want to buy them, I recommend going in stores to swatch them or look at swatches, just to make sure of the shadow colours.

You Might Also Like

0 comments