Etude House Look At My Eyes review

6:03:00 PM

Hello! Today I will be sharing with you guys a review on the popular Etude House Look at My Eyes single eye shadows. I have 6 different shades and some of them are from different lines (Cafe, Jewel Eyes etc). You can also depot these and put them in Etude House's empty palettes. I've heard a lot of good reviews about these shadows and they did not disappoint. Read on for my thoughts on them ^_^
From top to bottom, left to right: BR402, RD302, BR403, PP501, RD301, OR202.
The packaging is very simple yet cute. The lid clicks shut and as you can see, they're transparent, meaning you can see the shades so you don't have to open each one to find the one you want. It's pretty cute how the shadows have little hearts on them - very Etude House like.
This is BR402 from the original Look At My Eyes line, it's a rich dark brown that's shimmery. I found that there's some fall out when you use a brush, but a bit less when you use your fingers.
Maybe it's because it's so dark, but I found it a bit hard to blend compared to the other eye shadows. It also appeared to be a more patchy.
RD302 is deep shimmery burgundy that's also from the original Look At My Eyes line. It's a beautiful colour that is suitable for Autumn/Winter. Like BR402, this one has a bit of fall out when you dip a brush or finger into it.
I found that the colour is a lot lighter when applied, and takes a bit of layering for it to look like the burgundy shown in the pan.
BR403 is an matter caramel brown from the Cafe line. It's a great colour to use for your crease especially if you're doing a warm smokey eye, or it's a great colour to put all over your lids if you want a natural look.
It is a bit powdery but has good pigmentation. It's one of my favourite transition colours.
PP501 is a purple with strong grey undertones. It has some silver glitter in it but those don't show up when swatched. It's very smooth and easy to apply.
This colour is a gorgeous colour for colder seasons. It looks gorgeous all over the lid! For a more everyday look, I love using a little bit of it in my crease to add depth to my eyes, and blend it out with a fluffy brush.
RD301 from the Look At My Eyes line appears to be a dark/burnt orange with fine gold shimmers in the pan.....
But it's actually a bright hot pink!!! It's so so beautiful (check out that finger swatch) and is definitely my favourite shade so far. It's a shame that the gold isn't as obvious on the eye though. It's great for anyone who is into bold colours or want to add a pop of colour to their look. There is no fallout with this one and is as smooth as butter.
The last shadow is OR202 from the Cafe line. It's a pastel orange that can appear quite neon when applied. It's very pigmented and easy to blend.
I think this colour is perfect for summer/spring because it's very bright. It looks great all over the lid or just as a point colour.
All in all, I think the ones that have the most fall out are the ones with glitter/shimmer to them. But it's not a lot and they look amazing when applied. I also found that the darker colours require a bit more product to achieve the colour in the pan. I am impressed by the matte shades I've tried so far, even though they're not the most pigmented matte eye shadows I've tried.


Pros
  • Huge shade selection 
  • Long lasting
  • Cheap
  • Cute design
  • Applies beautifully, especially the shimmers
  • Good amount of product
  • Easy to store/travel friendly
Cons
  • Fallout from some shades
  • Pigmentation varies
  • Some shades differ from promotional photos
I give the Etude House Look At My Eyes shadows 9/10. The quality is amazing for the price and I definitely do recommend these shadows! If you want to buy them, I recommend going in stores to swatch them or read a lot of reviews, just so you can see how they look irl (not the promo photos) and what the formula is like.
Have you tried it? What’s your favourite shade?

















You Might Also Like

0 comments