Review: Etude House Dear My Enamel Lips Talk in #PK004 and #RD303

2:36:00 AM

Wow Sarah this came out like 20 years ago why are you so behind?!
Hello! Today I will be reviewing 2 Etude House's Dear My Enamel Lips Talk lipsticks, which were released last year to celebrate Etude House's 10th anniversary. 

About this product
  • With the hybrid of moisturizing effects and beautiful vivid colors, the Enamel Lips Talk will leave your lips dead-skin-free and smooth for a long time
  • A lipstick with a gently melting color and sparkling texture 
  • Sustains smooth lips for hours without standing out 
  • 3.5g of product
Colour options
  1. OR201
  2. OR202
  3. OR203
  4. PK001
  5. PK002
  6. PK003
  7. PK004
  8. PK005
  9. RD301
  10. RD302
  11. RD303
  12. RD304
  13. RD305
I got the lipsticks in PK004 Jumbled Pink and RD003 Restless Pink, which are the 2 main colours in the pink and red line.
The outer packaging is very Etude House-y: pink and girly! The back/front each has a different design c:
The top of the box is sealed with a lips sticker that says the shade. The side of the lipstick says... Things in Korean... which I can't understand.....
The other side has information about the lipstick in English, I'm not sure what it says in Korean but probably the same thing?
The packaging of the lipsticks is very similar to the other Etude House lipsticks. This one's case is matte and the bow is a dark pink.
The expiration date is on the bottom of the lipstick case. The top of the lid is oddly satisfying to look at.
Let's start looking at the colours I chose!
The first shade I chose is PK004. On the official swatch, it looks like a warm, coral-pink shade. If you have a warm undertone, you might find this one suits your skin tone.
Please excuse the lighting (-.-;) Anyway... With lighter colours, I usually have to cover up my natural lip colour so they will show up, but this one showed up even without concealer. It's a lovely mixture of coral and pink, which somehow manages to brighten up my complexion while looking super natural.
The second shade I chose is RD303, which looked like a deep red on the swatches. I don't own a deep red so I thought it would be nice to get one c:
The red turned out to be a lot lighter than I expected. Instead of a deep red like it appears in the tube, it is a very vibrant bright red. It is also a bit patchier than the pink and takes a few swipes to get it opaque.
Here's how the lipsticks swatched on my arm. When I removed them with a wet wipe, they both left a slight stain on my arm. When I tried to remove the stains with makeup remover, they were easily removed.

Not going to lie, I really love these liptsicks. They live up to the expectations of being nourishing and vivid. As you can see from my lip swatches, they make your lips glossy and plump looking hehehe. They felt great on my lips and only sunk into my lip lines a little after around 3 hours. The more layers you apply, the more opaque the colour.

The staying power is also pretty good. Since it is glossy, I thought it would transfer a lot and there will be no colour left after eating etc. But to my surprised, it transferred only a little when I kissed my hand and only faded a little after eating.

Pros
  • Gorgeous packaging
  • Can be built up
  • Good pigmentation
  • Leaves a stain = fades nicely :D
  • Looks moisturising and IS moisturising
  • Very faint smell of sweets
Cons
  • Colour range isn't as good as other Etude House lipstick lines
Urgh I am seriously in love with these lipsticks and I give them 10/10! I will definitely buy more (OR201 looks promising) because you can never have too many lipsticks right? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments