Disappointing products - September 2015

11:19:00 PM

Hello! Today I will be sharing with you guys the products I found pretty disappointing and writing a small review on them. Please keep in mind that this post is purely based on my personal opinions. The products didn't work for me, so please don't be offended if you love them! This is a post about products I'm disappointed in, so of course there will be a lot of complaining! If you don't like that, this post is probably not for you :o 

1. Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner in #7 One Carat Diamond



I got this eyeliner in brown as well and I love that one, it's really creamy and is easy to apply. But this silver one is a nightmare tbh. When I swatched it on my arm, it was very smooth and opaque, you couldn't really see any huge chunks of glitter. That all changed when I applied it to my inner corners and aegyo sal area. The eyeliner hardly did anything except for leaving flakes of glitter at random places. If you press down hard and tug at your eyes, it is a bit more opaque, but you really shouldn't have to do that :/ not good for you eyes hmm... It is also kind of messy to take off, even though I did expect that since it's glittery, but I didn't think I would have to rub my eyes for 5 minutes... And due to the fact I have oil eyelids, the glitter didn't stay on that well and was all over my face after a few hours

2. Innisfree Creamy Tint Lip Mousse in #3 Sweet Fresh Coral


Uwah this was my first makeup product so I was so excited... Hmm I do like the scent and the packaging etc of this, it's just the mousse itself I didn't like. I thought the colour would be a bit redder, since that's what it showed in the official swatches/advertisements, instead it's a very orange, neon coral, which didn't suit my skin at all and made my teeth look ultra yellow D: The other thing I really disliked about this is the staying power. You legit can't eat or drink with this on because it transfers like crazy, which can cause that beautiful lipstick on teeth look as well

3. Etude House Drawing Show Brush Liner


Ahh this was my first eyeliner! It dried out a LOT after 3 uses I was like what??? Are all eyeliners like this??? And every time I wanted to use this, I had to shake it like crazy. Usually I have to go over my lines more than once unless I'm doing a super super thin line. Didn't last that long on my lids either :/ If you're looking for a good liquid eyeliner, I would definitely recommend the Kiss Me Heroine one!

4. Etude House Hot Style Bubble Hair Dye in RD06 Goddess Wine Red


I've been wanting wine read hair foreverrrr, and when my friend got my this I was like :)))) FINALLY! Before I used this I had a light brown apricot ish colour with black regrowth T^T And when I used this dye, my hair turned this colour:



In real life is a lot more... Orange. It also dried out my hair a lot like holy ygwyfwjuywfehb it felt like freaking hay until I used the conditioner, then after 3 days it went back to dry hay... Even to this day, my hair still feels dry from this :I The fact that the colour didn't even turn out like it was suppose and it damaged my hair made the hair dye a huge disappointment :c

5. Tresemme Vitamin E Luxurious Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner



Since my hair was super dry, I decided to buy a moisturising shampoo and conditioner since I was pretty sure my hair fitted into the 'dry or damaged' category. They made my hair so oily... Usually my hair gets oily at the end of the second day, or on the third day if I'm lucky. But this shampoo and conditioner but my hair oily at the start ish of my second day. I have to go to school with semi oily hair and at the end of the day my hairs like >_> ew. Perhaps these are too moisturising for my hair......

6. The Face Shop Volcanic Clay Black Head Clay Nose Pack



I was expecting this to remove a lot of my blackheads, because well... It says it's for removing blackheads. Sadly, it did nothing except for making my nose feel clean/not oily for 30 minutes. Ok ok it removed a chunk of oil from my pore once. And that's it. I've tried applying it thick, applying it thin, even somewhere in between. Peeling it from top on bottom, bottom to top. Peeling it slowly, peeling it fast. Nope. Nothing. I gave up in the end

That's it for my list of disappointing products (for now). I don't exactly enjoy writing negative reviews but I know they are as valuable as good reviews. I hope these reviews were helpful to you!
.

You Might Also Like

2 comments